Alissa B. Shulkin, DVM
Dr. Shulkin provides comprehensive care for pets in the comfort of their own homes. This includes wellness care, vaccinations, the treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, geriatric care, and compassionate end-of-life assistance.
We aim to provide:
• The highest quality of veterinary care for dogs and cats
• Careful examination and appropriate diagnostic testing
• Treat every patient as if it were our own
• Proactivity: We recommend routine wellness examinations and blood tests in addition to vaccinations
• We do not believe in over-vaccinating pets and will carefully tailor a vaccine protocol to suit your pet’s lifestyle
• Client Education: We will ensure that you understand the needs of your pet while it is healthy and during times of special care
Busy professionals, parents, seniors, people without a car, and owners of multi-animal households can all benefit from having a mobile veterinarian visit their pets in their home. Most pets are more comfortable in their own home than in a veterinary hospital and are typically more tolerant of examinations, blood draws, and minor treatments. Pets that suffer from motion sickness also make ideal candidates for in-home veterinary care.
House-calls make good sense for pediatric and senior patients that may have insufficient immunity. There is less risk of being exposed to infectious agents that may be lurking around veterinary hospital waiting rooms.
With a house-call, you will have much more contact time with Dr. Shulkin than you would have with a veterinarian in a traditional hospital setting, making the examination and consultation a great value. Additionally, there is less time wasted in rounding up the pets into the car, driving to and from the hospital, and waiting for your appointment. It can be easier for multi-pet households to get the veterinary care needed as it can be done all in one visit, without the stress on you, or your pets, of having to take them all to the veterinary office at once.